This doesn’t mean that I’ve eliminated every brand and product from my life that can be construed as potentially dangerous (for lack of a better term), but it does mean that this is a lifestyle for me.I like to say I live by the 80/20 rule–80% of the time I stay “safer,” and the other 20% I live dangerously. (That using a product with parabens falls under the “dangerous” category to me should tell you something about my lack of penchant for risk taking. What can I say? #livinontheedge)
All that being said, I haven’t come right out and talked about the fact that a while back, I decided to take a leap and become a consultant for Beautycounter, the Safer Beauty company.I call this a leap for lots of reasons. First, I never in about a bajillion years thought I wanted to have a job that could ever be classified as sales. I don’t sell things, really. Unless you consider attempting to offer my soul up every night for a decent 9 hours of sleep… then I’m all, “Highest bidder, please!!!”
Mainly because it works. And secondly, because their products are safer to use than many traditional beauty products, which can contain potentially harmful ingredients.Let’s do a List! I love Lists!
I knoooow. It’s a little annoying, right? But the statistics don’t lie.
And while I’m a big believer that we can’t control everything that will impact our health, we can make small adjustments to cut down on the exposure we have to potentially dangerous chemicals.
Well, in this case, it doesn’t mean organic. Beautycounter isn’t all organic, although it does include tons of organic or naturally-sourced ingredients; nor does it shun chemicals completely in its formulations.Here’s the thing: There are some completely organic skin care lines that can irritate your skin. And similarly, there are plenty of safe chemicals that can enhance the performance of a product, that you can use without worry that it could potentially negatively impact your health.So that’s why Beautycounter uses the term “safer.” Safer than what the majority of products out there are, without sacrificing quality or performance. (Because mama doesn’t want a lipstick that doesn’t PERFORM.)
There are some completely organic skin care lines that can irritate your skin. And similarly, there are plenty of safe chemicals that can enhance the performance of a product.
No! Not by a long shot. I’m straight up with you guys about things I love, whether I’m selling them with Beautycounter or not. And I promise, this page will NOT turn into a “sell zone.”This is for several reasons.
And because this blog is an honest and authentic extension of all the things I’m doing and loving in my life, it feels right to share it with you.And I am here for you to talk as much–or as little–as you want about Beautycounter or any other safer beauty favorites. Want to know more about a certain product? Email me! Want to tell me about a great safe beauty find that you love? I’m all ears!Seriously… This is all about talking with you guys, so let’s chat more! I’m here anytime you have thoughts or questions on any of this!So excited to share this all with you! See you soon, and stay (safely) beautiful!
Want to learn more about the company or browse the products? Click here, and email me at Sonni@SonniAbatta.com with any questions!